Cringleford share the goals as they remain clear at top of Vets’ Premiership
- Credit: Archant
Cringleford remain five points clear at the top of the Leathes Prior Veterans League Premiership with a 7-2 win at Attleborough Town.
The goals were shared between Rudi Hare, Darren Huckerby, Karl Izzard, John McCluskey, Matthew Metcalf and Paul Watts.
Horsford were on the right side of an eight-goal thriller as they beat Mulbarton Wanderers 5-3. David Coyle scored a brace with Alan Rudder, Steven Tidy and Daniel Keeley all getting on the scoresheet. Tavern secured a 5-1 win at home to Taverham. Andrew Moody scored twice with Troy Bond, Gareth King and Graham Barrett completing the scoring.
Thetford Town moved one win away from securing the Championship title as they beat Unthank Arms 4-2. Morgan Crane, Robert Johnson, Darren Kirk and David Stocks all scored to register their team's fourth consecutive win. Wymondham Town kept up their recent good form to move into second place with a 6-1 win away at Wensum Albion. Roy Bevis scored four as Easton St Faiths beat Scole United 5-0 to move up to third.
In the big game at the top of League One, Cottage and Mattishall Wanderers played out a 2-2 draw. Gavin Bland and Scott West were the goalscorers for Mattishall with Osa Odeh and Ian Whalebelly scoring for Cottage.
You may also want to watch:
Mundford Exiles won 3-2 in the battle of the bottom two as Mundford moved six points clear of Harts. Andrew Ashby scored a hat-trick for Necton as they secured a 6-4 win against Costessey Sports. The last game saw Cringleford Old Boys and Swaffham Town play out a 0-0 draw.
Sheringham secured the League Two title with a thumping 11-2 win at home to Micawbers Tavern. Jason Thurbon scored a hattrick, Jeffrey Meggeson and Gareth Sanderson scored braces with Simon Robinson, Leigh Wells, Eddie Hammond and Kristian Gleave all scoring one each. Hethersett Athletic have moved into 2nd place with a 2-1 win at home to Morley & Deopham. East Harling won at home to Newsman Valhalla 6-0. Ben Morgan, Andrew Morris and Chris Bray were among the goals.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67