Norwich United 2 Brentwood Town 1: Back-to-back victories for Planters
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Adam Hipperson inspired a Norwich United comeback victory at Plantation Park, to register back-to-back wins for the first time this season and lift the Planters above Cheshunt.
Brentwood led at the break after Luke Foster's curled second-minute free-kick from just outside the area into the top corner despite Andy Wilton managing to get his fingertips to it.
The Planters deserved to be level by half-time, Shaun Wones hitting the Brentwood upright and Hipperson seeing a strong shot from the edge of the area parried by Town keeper Anthony Page as the Planters piled on the pressure, although the visitors had strong shouts for a handball in the area turned down.
The scores were level in the 62nd minute when Liam Jackson found Hipperson wide on the left and his cut-back was turned into his own net by Harry Gibbs.
Hipperson scored the winner 20 minutes from time, heading home at the far post from Nathan Stewart's cross.
You may also want to watch:
The Planters could have had more as they maintained the pressure to the end, Henry Pollock unlucky to see his piledriver blocked on the line.
Norwich United: Wilton, Probert (Mackie 64), Applegate, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Henery (Stewart 46), Pollock, Jones, Jackson (Carroll 83), Hipperson.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Brentwood Town: Page, Pugsley (Bell 83), Foster, Hall, Gibbs, Cavalier, Price, Gardner, Freeman, Bademosi (Jones 69), Wiggins (Mitchell 82).
Referee: Paul Burnham