Norwich United make it six unbeaten with win over bottom side
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norwich United secured an important victory over bottom side Cheshunt to open up a nine-point gap on their opponents.
Nathan Stewart gave the Planters a 20th-minute lead, latching on to a long ball, taking it into the area and firing it inside the far post.
Cheshunt had the ball in the net just before the break, but the whistle had already gone for a foul on keeper Andy Wilton. The visitors were level 11 minutes after the break when Manny Osei converted a cross from the left from 10 yards.
Liam Jackson restored the Planters' lead halfway through the second half, converting Adam Hipperson's driven right-wing cross from the byline from close range.
With Cheshunt committing men forward the Planters were hitting them on the break and Jackson and Stewart were both denied by keeper Amadou Tangara before Hipperson galloped free down the left and lifted the ball over the keeper to seal the points.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie, Applegate, Wones (Probert 62), Eastaugh, Watts, Jones, Pollock, Stewart (Henery 72), Jackson, Hipperson (Carroll 78).
Cheshunt: Tangara, Hammond, Tiesse, Symons, Butler, Lampe, Sorba (Duyile 73), Bruno, Hallett, Osei (Owusu 73), Alderson. Subs not used: Roberts, Kalu, Brennan.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 10 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
Referee: Adrian Sannerude.