Norwich United make it six unbeaten with win over bottom side
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norwich United secured an important victory over bottom side Cheshunt to open up a nine-point gap on their opponents.
Nathan Stewart gave the Planters a 20th-minute lead, latching on to a long ball, taking it into the area and firing it inside the far post.
Cheshunt had the ball in the net just before the break, but the whistle had already gone for a foul on keeper Andy Wilton. The visitors were level 11 minutes after the break when Manny Osei converted a cross from the left from 10 yards.
Liam Jackson restored the Planters' lead halfway through the second half, converting Adam Hipperson's driven right-wing cross from the byline from close range.
With Cheshunt committing men forward the Planters were hitting them on the break and Jackson and Stewart were both denied by keeper Amadou Tangara before Hipperson galloped free down the left and lifted the ball over the keeper to seal the points.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie, Applegate, Wones (Probert 62), Eastaugh, Watts, Jones, Pollock, Stewart (Henery 72), Jackson, Hipperson (Carroll 78).
Cheshunt: Tangara, Hammond, Tiesse, Symons, Butler, Lampe, Sorba (Duyile 73), Bruno, Hallett, Osei (Owusu 73), Alderson. Subs not used: Roberts, Kalu, Brennan.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
Referee: Adrian Sannerude.