Norwich United swoop to sign defensive duo Ben Lewis and Tom Rampling from relegated Wroxham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Preparations for next season have continued for Norwich United, with a third new signing of the week.
The Planters have signed defenders Tom Rampling and Ben Lewis from Wroxham following the Yachtsmen's relegation from Ryman Division One North.
The follows the signing of Stalham striker Lawrence Cheese and club captain Andy Eastaugh signing a one-year extension to his contract.
Lewis, 26, won both the manager's and players' player of the season award at Wroxham and Rampling, 17, who won supporters' player of the year award, have signed two-year deals.
United boss Steve Eastaugh said: 'It will have been mentally testing for both these young men last year, yet in all the times we had them watched the feedback was always positively consistent.
'Tom has good technical quality and demonstrates maturity beyond his years, we spoke for over an hour and I was really impressed with how hungry he is. He's a great fit for our football club.
You may also want to watch:
'Ben and I have worked together before at Wroxham and Sudbury, so I know exactly what I'm getting with his athleticism and work rate, he absolutely needs to be playing this level as a minimum and he will be a great addition to us.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 7 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 8 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning