Norwich United swoop to sign defensive duo Ben Lewis and Tom Rampling from relegated Wroxham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Preparations for next season have continued for Norwich United, with a third new signing of the week.
The Planters have signed defenders Tom Rampling and Ben Lewis from Wroxham following the Yachtsmen's relegation from Ryman Division One North.
The follows the signing of Stalham striker Lawrence Cheese and club captain Andy Eastaugh signing a one-year extension to his contract.
Lewis, 26, won both the manager's and players' player of the season award at Wroxham and Rampling, 17, who won supporters' player of the year award, have signed two-year deals.
United boss Steve Eastaugh said: 'It will have been mentally testing for both these young men last year, yet in all the times we had them watched the feedback was always positively consistent.
'Tom has good technical quality and demonstrates maturity beyond his years, we spoke for over an hour and I was really impressed with how hungry he is. He's a great fit for our football club.
You may also want to watch:
'Ben and I have worked together before at Wroxham and Sudbury, so I know exactly what I'm getting with his athleticism and work rate, he absolutely needs to be playing this level as a minimum and he will be a great addition to us.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?