Norwich United sign Stalham striker Lawrence Cheese and extend contract of club captain Andy Eastaugh
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United have kicked off their summer transfer business early with the signing of Stalham Town striker Lawrence Cheese on a two-year contract.
Planters boss Steve Eastaugh has been impressed by the forward, who scored 21 goals in 30 games to help Stalham finish in mid-table in the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
'We had Lawrence watched several times last year and the reports were positive on every occasion,' Eastaugh said. 'He fits the profile of what we are looking for he's athletic, strong and hungry to improve, there were several clubs interested in him, so it's pleasing he's chosen us.'
Eastaugh's brother, club captain Andy, has also committed to another season as United look to build on an impressive ninth-place finish in Ryman Division One North, the club's first at step four of non-league.
The centre-back said: 'Playing somewhere else hasn't crossed my mind, the club is on the up and we have made big strides in the last three seasons.
'I know we will keep getting stronger and I'm determined to be back as fit as I've ever been to drive us forward again next year. It was frustrating missing games on the run in last year, but having to watch, has just made me even hungrier to be successful.'
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 9 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 10 Former paint brush factory could become large community church