Norwich United’s top five hopes suffer severe blow at Bowers & Pitsea
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United fell to their heaviest defeat of the season as they went down 5-0 to Bowers & Pitsea.
Adam Hipperson and Tim Henery had both been denied by Rhys Madden before David Knight struck a shot from wide on the right which nestled in the bottom corner after eight minutes.
Eleven minutes before the break a quick attack down the right saw the ball cut back to Callum Leahy, who fired home from 20 yards.
Hipperson, Shaun Wones and Jamie Speller all saw efforts deflected wide but it was Brad Warner who scored putting the hosts three ahead with an excellent strike in the 54th minute.
Knight raced on to slot past Wilton with nineteen minutes left and Planters substitute Cassimiro Datocompol was denied by Madden before Ben Sartain made it five in injury time.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Ricci Butler's Gorleston were knocked out of the League Cup as Newmarket ran out 3-0 winners at Emerald Park.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 10 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate