Norwich United 3 AFC Sudbury 1: Planters ease relegation fears
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norwich United gave their survival hopes a significant boost on Saturday with a come from behind 3-1 victory over AFC Sudbury at Plantation Park.
With rivals Romford going down 2-1 at Brentwood Town, two more points would retain Bostik League North football for the Planters next season, although with a significant goal difference advantage surely one more will be enough.
The Planters trailed at the break despite being largely in control, but it was the visitors who had the better chances and Milo Grimes fired home from 10 yards in the 20th minute. Billy Johnson kept the Planters in the game keeping out Callum Harrison's shot with a fine save before the break.
The Planters came out firing after the interval and Shaun Wones levelled matters with a powerful header in the 52nd minute.
Adam Hipperson scrambled home just five minutes later to put the Planters in front and then stretched the lead from the penalty spot in the 71st minute to ease those relegation worries.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Johnson, Hitch, Barker, Wones, Eastaugh (Jackson 69), Watts, Mackie, Applegate, Stewart, Jones (Carey 73), Hipperson (Cooper 79). Unused subs: Rose, Wilton.
AFC Sudbury: Collins, Grimwood, Coakley, Holland, Grimes, Whight, Hunter, Harrison (Gravett 66), Kelly (Booth 73), Peters, Horne (McKenzie 66). Unused subs: Dettmar, Wright.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
Referee: Richard Owen. Assistants: Mark Ames & Jordan Sandwell.