Norwich United 3 AFC Sudbury 1: Planters ease relegation fears
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Norwich United gave their survival hopes a significant boost on Saturday with a come from behind 3-1 victory over AFC Sudbury at Plantation Park.
With rivals Romford going down 2-1 at Brentwood Town, two more points would retain Bostik League North football for the Planters next season, although with a significant goal difference advantage surely one more will be enough.
The Planters trailed at the break despite being largely in control, but it was the visitors who had the better chances and Milo Grimes fired home from 10 yards in the 20th minute. Billy Johnson kept the Planters in the game keeping out Callum Harrison's shot with a fine save before the break.
The Planters came out firing after the interval and Shaun Wones levelled matters with a powerful header in the 52nd minute.
Adam Hipperson scrambled home just five minutes later to put the Planters in front and then stretched the lead from the penalty spot in the 71st minute to ease those relegation worries.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Johnson, Hitch, Barker, Wones, Eastaugh (Jackson 69), Watts, Mackie, Applegate, Stewart, Jones (Carey 73), Hipperson (Cooper 79). Unused subs: Rose, Wilton.
AFC Sudbury: Collins, Grimwood, Coakley, Holland, Grimes, Whight, Hunter, Harrison (Gravett 66), Kelly (Booth 73), Peters, Horne (McKenzie 66). Unused subs: Dettmar, Wright.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Referee: Richard Owen. Assistants: Mark Ames & Jordan Sandwell.