Norwich United in good heart for trip to Mildenhall
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Norwich United will travel to Mildenhall Town in good spirits after a strong second-half comeback against play-off chasing Maldon & Tiptree earned them a valuable point in their battle to avoid relegation on Good Friday.
A first-half goal from Ben Jones had given them an interval lead, but after a quickfire Lee Barnard hat-trick, goals from Liam Jackson and Matt Blake showed the fighting spirit in manager Steve Eastaugh's side.
Goalkeeper Andy Wilton returns to the squad for today's game after Billy Johnson deputised on Friday and the Planters will be looking for a positive result at Recreation Way.
When the two sides met on New Years Day a late equaliser from Nathan Stewart earned the Planters a point in a 1-1 draw.
Mildenhall have picked up just one point in their last four games, a 0-0 home draw against bottom team Romford, and haven't scored in three games.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday they were beaten 6-0 at fifth-placed Haringey Borough.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help