Norwich United drawn away at Ascot United in fifth round of FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United will face another away tie in the FA Vase – if they progress to the fifth round of the competition for the first time in the club's history.
The Planters were due to travel to Kent on Saturday to face Ashford United of the Southern Counties East Premier Division, but the match was postponed because of bad weather.
The fourth round match has provisionally been rearranged for tomorrow night, although with freezing temperatures predicted in Kent overnight and tomorrow, it remains to be seen if the game will go ahead then.
The winner of the tie will then travel to Berkshire in the fifth round to face Ascot United in the last-16, with £2,500 in prize money and a place in the quarter-finals at stake.
Ascot won 4-2 at home against Colliers Wood United in the fourth round on Saturday, but needed extra-time to settle the tie after the score had finished 2-2 at full-time.
The Yellamen, based near Windsor, are currently fifth in the Hellenic League Premier Division table – the equivalent level to the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division, which Norwich United currently lead by six points.
Norwich were due to play away at Kirkley & Pakefield in the Thurlow Nunn League Cup tomorrow night, but that game has now been rescheduled.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 7 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 8 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 9 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
A statement on the Planters' website said: 'The FA Vase committee have ordered the fixture against Ashford United to be played this Tuesday.
'Although as a club we protested the rescheduling for a midweek game with a 340-mile round trip, the Vase committee decided Tuesday the 20th it is. Here's hoping the lads' bosses will allow them time off to play. If it's cancelled again it will be played on Saturday.
'The game against Kirkley & Pakefield in the League Cup has now been rearranged for Wednesday 28th of January.'
FA Vase fifth round draw
Bradford Town v Highworth Town or Tunbridge Wells
AFC St Austell v Stanway Rovers
Ascot United v Ashford United or Norwich United
Walsall Wood or Shaw Lane Aquaforce v Flackwell Heath
Worksop Town or Glossop North End v Dunston UTS
Holbeach United v Erith & Belvedere
North Shields v Phoenix Sports
Chadderton or AFC Mansfield v Tadcaster Albion