Norwich United 1 Mildenhall Town 1: Stewart grabs late equaliser for Planters
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Nathan Stewart's 89th-minute equaliser gave Norwich United a thoroughly deserved point against Mildenhall Town.
Stewart, a 16th-minute substitute for the injured Andy Eastaugh, caused the visitors problems throughout and struck firmly past Hall keeper Jacob Marsden after Henry Pollock had touched Shaun Wones' flick-on into his path.
It was the least the Planters deserved as Stewart had seen an earlier shot well saved by Marsden and then been fouled by Jake Kerins when beyond the Hall defence, the defender lucky to see only a yellow.
The Planters trailed from the 39th minute when Ben Nolan shot home from the edge of the area when a right-wing free-kick wasn't cleared and the youngster calmly slotted a sweet shot into the bottom corner.
It looked like the Planters had missed out when Marsden scrambled Wones' cross behind with substitute Rian Carroll poised to strike, but Stewart sealed the point.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie, Probert, Wones, Eastaugh (Stewart 16), Watts, Henery, Pollock, Jones, Jackson (Carroll 65), Hipperson. Unused subs: Applegate, Oyeniran.
Mildenhall Town: Marsden, Brown, Wilkinson, Kerins, Ruddy, Simpson, Nolan (Chambers-Shaw 57), Asensi, Debenham, Smith (Green 45), Ofosu. Unused subs: Collins, Pereira.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Referee: Mark Chalkley. Attendance: 109.