Norwich United blown away by quickfire hat-trick
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The Planters' hopes of recording a second successive victory were literally blown away as a combination of Haringey's strikers and Storm Brian sealed this game before the break.
Defending against the strong wind the Planters had chances to go ahead, Adam Hipperson shooting wide on the turn and then bringing a good save out of home keeper Valery Pajetet.
Haringey broke the deadlock in the 18th minute when Anthony McDonald hit a hard shot past Andy Wilton from an acute angle on the left. Six minutes later Ralston Gabriel produced some fine footwork and a lovely shot to double the lead. On the half hour Gabriel evaded two challenges before striking his second and the nippy striker completed his 15-minute hat-trick netting from close range.
Hipperson fired narrowly over from the edge of the area just after the break but the Planters never really threatened a comeback and Haringey deservedly took the points.
Haringey: Pajetet, Olufemi, M O'Donoghue, Heather, Mitchell, Gordon (Ademiluyi 61), Aristidou, Kay, Gabriel, Benjamin (J O'Donoghue 57), McDonald (Sherif 70). Subs not used: Byfield, Richards.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie (Probert 55), Speller, Wones (Datocampol 60), Eastaugh, Watts, Henery (Lapite 59), Pollock, Hipperson, Stewart, Sanusi. Subs not used: Jackson.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover