Norwich United blown away by quickfire hat-trick
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The Planters' hopes of recording a second successive victory were literally blown away as a combination of Haringey's strikers and Storm Brian sealed this game before the break.
Defending against the strong wind the Planters had chances to go ahead, Adam Hipperson shooting wide on the turn and then bringing a good save out of home keeper Valery Pajetet.
Haringey broke the deadlock in the 18th minute when Anthony McDonald hit a hard shot past Andy Wilton from an acute angle on the left. Six minutes later Ralston Gabriel produced some fine footwork and a lovely shot to double the lead. On the half hour Gabriel evaded two challenges before striking his second and the nippy striker completed his 15-minute hat-trick netting from close range.
Hipperson fired narrowly over from the edge of the area just after the break but the Planters never really threatened a comeback and Haringey deservedly took the points.
Haringey: Pajetet, Olufemi, M O'Donoghue, Heather, Mitchell, Gordon (Ademiluyi 61), Aristidou, Kay, Gabriel, Benjamin (J O'Donoghue 57), McDonald (Sherif 70). Subs not used: Byfield, Richards.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie (Probert 55), Speller, Wones (Datocampol 60), Eastaugh, Watts, Henery (Lapite 59), Pollock, Hipperson, Stewart, Sanusi. Subs not used: Jackson.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?