Norwich United assistant boss John Edridge heads for exit
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Norwich United are on the lookout for a new assistant manager after John Edridge left the club due to personal circumstances.
The Planters are inviting applications to be Steve Eastaugh's number two at Plantation Park after Edridge informed the club he wished to leave.
Eastaugh said: 'This was an unexpected departure and not one we had envisaged making. John has been a tremendous support to me personally and been very much at the forefront of the club's recent successes. We have spoken at length, and whilst we don't want to be losing a man of his experience, we fully understand his decision.'
Edridge originally joined the Planters as then manager Damian Hilton's number two before taking the top job briefly following Hilton's departure for Wroxham.
Edridge then took the role of assistant to Eastaugh during United's first season in the Isthmian League.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8