Norwich United 1 Great Wakering Rovers 1: Planters miss out on chance to close gap on play-off rivals
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United missed the chance to put pressure on the teams above them when they dropped two points at home to bottom of the table Great Wakering Rovers.
Despite numerous chances the Planters found themselves trailing to Jamie Guy's 65th minute header. Substitute Liam Jackson earned a point with a leveller ten minutes later.
Despite having a first minute penalty appeal turned down, the Planters were slow to settle and the visitors Jason Ring cut in but curled his effort well wide.
The hosts gradually got into the game and a Nathan Stewart shot was gathered at the second attempt by keeper Dylan Skinner.
Tim Henery found the side netting at the near post and Christy Finch and Dawid Radomski both had shots blocked as the Planters finished the first half strongly.
You may also want to watch:
Henery shot wide and Finch saw his shot come back of the foot of the post before the visitors took a shock lead, Stephen Butterworth's cross giving Guy the easiest of headers.
Liam Jackson's looping header from a Matt Brown cross seemed to deceive Skinner to level matters, but the Planters were unable to force a late winner with Jackson and Finch both unable to hit the target.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
Norwich United: Wilton, Jones, Brown, Radomski (Hipperson 70), Shipley, Watts, Stewart (J Jackson 85), Wones, Speller, Henery (L Jackson 65), Finch. Unused subs: Mackie, Johnson.
Great Wakering Rovers: Skinner, Ring, Nottage, Kee, Warren, Beale, Butterworth, Pethers, Gordon (Ogboin 50), Guy, Ruel (Age 81). Unused subs: Kasala, Nzengo, Heather.
Referee: Abigail Marriott. Assistants: Jordan Sandwell & Eddie Reid.