Norwich United 0 Haringey Borough 2: Planters lose out in opener
- Credit: Seb Daly/Focus Images Limited
Norwich United fell to a two-goal opening day defeat at the hands of last season's play-off semi-finalists Haringey Borough.
With the Planters fielding four debutants – Ben Lewis, Tom Rampling, Dan Crosby and Lee Will – they got off to the worst possible start when a cross into the area was headed into his own net by an under pressure Andy Eastaugh with just six minutes on the clock.
The Planters had chances to score before the break and hit the Boro bar through a Sam Watts header after the interval but they were consistently met by a resilient visiting defence.
With the hosts pressing for an equaliser it was the visitors who wrapped up a hard earned victory when they broke quickly and late substitute Michael Ademayui, who had only been on the pitch for three minutes, sealed the points with just two minutes left in the game.
Norwich will be looking to bounce back from their opening day loss when they travel to Soham Town Rangers on Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children