Foreman is star of the show as Acle Rangers claim League Cup victory over Hewett OB
- Credit: Archant
Daniel Foreman was the toast of Acle after his four-goal blitz stole the show in a pulsating 5-2 League Cup final win over Hewett Old Boys at the FDC in front of a crowd of over 200.
Scoring his first from a free-kick to put Rangers ahead, the centre back was prominent in defence as Hewett proved their worth by pressing for an equaliser.
They were rewarded five minutes before the break when Matt Giles stroked home a penalty, but on the stroke of half-time, Foreman again found the net with a free-kick – an exact replica of his first. The second half saw both teams create chances as the action flowed from end to end and Hewett deservedly equalised with a superb Darrell Delaney strike from outside the box.
It was game on as both sides pressed for a winner, but the big turning point came with 15 minutes left when Hewett were reduced to 10 men.
The game moved into extra time and Acle put the tie out of reach within five minutes – and it was that man Foreman again who headed home from close range following a rebound off the crossbar. Three minutes later he added his and Acle's fourth before Tom Columbine added a fifth.
Sponsor Oli Smith of Wensum Print named Foreman man of the match as Rangers lifted the trophy for the fourth time, but they were pushed all the way by a very good Division One side in Old Boys.
There were still a couple of league issues to be decided.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 NCFC LIVE: City kickstart busy festive period at Spurs
Rangers followed up their League Cup win with a 6-2 victory over Farmhouse, leaving them needing a win in their final game at Bungay Town to clinch the Premier Division runners-up spot.
In Division Two, Drayton Dazzlers completed a good season by beating Hethersett Ath, coming from 3-1 down to win by the odd goal in nine to grab second spot. Oli Hudson Church (2) and Adam Walters (2) scored for Hethersett. Briston completed their season with a 6-3 home win over Barracks FC – scorers were Richard Fradgley, Mark Quinsey, Harley Seago, James Taylor, Connor Waters and Thomas Stewart.
The final fixture in Division Three saw a hat-trick for Dan Bareham and goals for Adam Linkhorn (2), Craig Boyles (2), Ryan Tebble, Haydn Cunningham, Alan Perry and Lewis Narbarro as Silver Fox won 11-1 at East Tuddenham.