Norwich ski coach wins national award
- Credit: Archant
Norwich ski coach Jake Richardson has been recognised as Developing Performance Coach of the year at the UK Snowsports Coaching Awards.
Richardson is the inspiration behind The Cross Collective, an organisation that provides ski cross training for aspiring children and juniors.
Judges said that his passion for ski cross ensures all the children he coaches improve at every session.
He has helped oversee many podium finishes for his team, both internationally at the Audi Ski Cross series and The Brits.
'As a former national athlete at such a young age I had to endure the rigours and sacrifice of being in such a position,' he said.
'My approach, now as a coach, takes these experiences into account so whilst recognising young talent my aim is to connect and bring out the best in them by making the whole process fun, rewarding and leaving them with a big smile on their faces.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge