Norwich School host Durham University hockey coach Gavin Featherstone
Norwich School hosted a visit from the Durham University hockey first XI and their coach Gavin Featherstone, who is widely recognised as one of the country's leading coaches.
The school has established several links with Durham including a number of hockey players moving on to Durham University for their degree courses and also promising young players being invited to hockey summer camps organised by Featherstone.
The school's first team had the chance to train with the Durham first team, who are currently leading the national universities' championship.
Michael Strickland, head of hockey at Norwich School said: 'Our first team really appreciated having this opportunity to train with such a strong and successful university team. This exposure to a very high level of coaching will certainly inspire our team and working alongside the Durham students will have had a positive impact on their hockey skills.'
n Hockey teams from Wisbech Grammar School performed strongly against Ratcliffe College in Leicestershire.
You may also want to watch:
There were wins for all the junior A teams, with the U12s netting eight, including five from Oliver Hayward and three from Arran Shipley. The U13s won 4-1, the U14s 3-2 and the senior 2nd XI 3-1 – the only defeat coming in the first team fixture, which was decided by a single goal.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?