Norwich’s Sam Sexton wants shot at heavyweight sensation Anthony Joshua
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norwich boxer Sam Sexton believes he is the man to stop the incredible march of heavyweight sensation Anthony Joshua.
The 2012 Olympic gold medallist has bulldozed everyone in his path with 10 KOs in 10 fights during a sensational start to his professional career.
Now Sexton wants a shot at the 25-year-old Londoner.
'Wherever I turn it seems people are saying a fight between me and him would be the obvious next step,' said Sexton.
'I've been in this business as a pro for nearly 10 years and I've learned a lot – I'm a lot wiser and smarter nowadays and going into the ring against Anthony Joshua holds no fears.
You may also want to watch:
'If it did would have given this up a long time ago. I have never gone into a ring worried about losing. The worst thing any boxer can be called is a loser.'
Joshua has been forced to postpone his latest fight, against American Kevin Johnson on January 31 after aggravating a back injury and, coincidentally, Sexton is still recovering from a back problem of his own.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
'I am waiting for the results of a scan which will tell me what happens next,' he said. 'But I am hungry for a fight. Seeing stablemate Liam Walsh win the British title has motivated me - it's perhaps given me the kick up the backside I needed.'
Sexton has also sought help from an unusual source - female body builder Natasha Gilson, also known as Miss Motivator – who will be at his KO Diner in Hall Road, Norwich, between 2pm and 3pm on Saturday to pass on tips to customers.