Norwich Rowing Club on the look-out for ‘most important person’
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Rowing Club are on the hunt for new members to steer and cox their racing boats.
East Anglia's leading club is organising a course to introduce beginners to the art of coxing, and hopes to attract new members who want to enjoy a very different aspect of the sport.
Club official Shelagh Tubby said: 'We run very successful courses to get people started with rowing, but this year we want to extend that to offer a new opportunity to learn to cox. Believe it or not, the cox is the most important person in the boat.'
Senior Norwich coxes will mentor the new recruits.
Eve Cronin added: 'I have raced at Henley, national championships and on the Boat Race course since I've been coxing at Norwich Rowing Club. My crew likes to take on new challenges that stretch us all, experiencing racing in different locations in the UK or abroad.'
You may also want to watch:
The course starts in April – go to www.norwichrowingclub.co.uk.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested