Norwich Premier Security North East Norfolk League roundup: Goal glut for top three
There is no let up at the top of the Slater and Frith Division One with both the front runners going flat out and setting the pace. Coltishall again hit six this time at home to Lyng who netted once and second placed Runton returned to winning ways with a 5-2 away win at Worstead.
Both teams have to keep looking over their shoulders to reigning champions Gimingham who, with games in hand, can still make a strong challenge to keep hold of their title and they added three more points to their total with a 4-1 home win over Haisboro Athletic, thanks to efforts from Ryan Beeson (2), Wayne Cutting and Glenn Thurston.
Corpusty were also amongst the goals hitting six at home to Ludham, who for their part netted just two. The weather saw off the other two games at Greens Road and East Ruston
Wayford Nurseries Division Two leaders Mundesley travelled to Mallard Way Hickling and recorded a 4-1 away success which keeps them five points clear at the top, ahead of Erpingham, who were at Blakeney and thanks to a brace from Andy Adams and one from Andrew Thomson with Jeremy Brown and Carl Salmon replying for the home side giving them the win which keeps them in touch with the leaders.
Third placed Holt 'A' won 5-2 away at Aldborough Lions Reserves. Cawston recorded a 3-1 home win over Corpusty Reserves as did Cromer Youth Old Boys over Buxton Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
With Plumstead Rangers idle, Glaven Valley are the new leaders of the Knights Trophies Division Three following their 5-0 home win over Mundesley Reserves. Trunch also hit five at home to Felmingham who netted once. Holt Colts and East Ruston Reserves battled out a seven goal thriller with the home side winning by the odd goal.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region