Norwich know time is not on their side
Norwich need to start performing to their potential if they are not to leave themselves with a mountain to climb in the New Year.
Rochford Hundred tomorrow will not be the easiest place to start that turnaround in their fortunes sitting, as they do, in third position in London 2NE and having beaten South Woodham Ferrers whose big pack overcame Norwich last week.
Norwich's first-half performance against Chelmsford showed that they can compete at this level against a side of great quality but everyone has to fire on the day.
Norwich will have to work around their injury list with Jonny O'Brien out, probably for the rest of the season, and the loss of experienced second row Gareth Leake until the new year at least.
The hope is that Matt Selby, whose presence as a specialist tight head prop was missed last week, will be fit for this game but Norwich will have to wait for a late fitness test on his ankle. Tom Whiskin is not available. meaning a return to first team action for Joe Riches. Simon Darby and Dougie Greenwood also make a return as does Dale Bird who is rewarded with a start at six following a storming man of the match performance for the Lions last week.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 4 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 5 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court