Regional title for Norwich Dragons Under-12s
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Dragons Under-12 Boys booked their place in the National Finals at Nottingham on May 12 when they were crowned East champions at the weekend.
Dragons started with a 2-0 victory over Suffolk champions Bury St Edmunds, with another 2-0 win following against St Albans.
The preparation the coaches have put the boys through was showing in the damp conditions and in the next fixture Dragons scored six without reply against Bourne Deeping.
A 4-0 win over Saffron Walden then set up a final group match against a strong Old Loughtonians side which Dragons won 2-0 to secure top spot in their group.
A semi-final against Blue Hornets of Essex saw the boys concede their first goal of the tournament but they came through 2-1 to seal their place at Nottingham.
You may also want to watch:
They still wanted the regional title however and came up against Old Loughtonians in the final. The game finished 1-1, with Dragons sealing a dramatic win 3-2 on penalties.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women