Norwich Dragons Ladies are all but relegated
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Dragons look doomed to relegation from the Premier Division after blowing a two goal lead to lose 3-2 at bottom side Old Loughtonians.
With four teams going down they remain 12 points away from the safety mark - with only 12 points left to play for,
Dragons got off to a bright start on Saturday and a nicely placed pass from Stacey Lee put Hayley Toleman in a great position to slot home.
The visitors continued to create chances, culminating in a short corner which was coolly tucked away by Tabba Tabrett to make it 2-0.
Dragons then had a poor spell and Old Loughtonians made them pay, getting back on level terms before the break.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors had most of the play in the second half but couldn't make it count and five minutes from time a long ball played right through the middle led to a winning goal for the hosts.
In Division One North Norwich City recorded an emphatic 4-1 victory at St Ives to stay one point behind second placed Bedford II with three matches left to play.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
Olivia Williams scored two of the goals while Krystal Bishop and Micayla Tootill contributed one apiece and Ellie Brine was named player-of-the-match.
Already promoted Harleston Magpies II continued their perfect campaign by beating UEA 7-0 while Dereham saw off visitors Lowestoft 2-1 and Watton boosted their hopes of avoiding the drop by winning 2-0 at fellow strugglers Newmarket.
The top of the table clash in Division Two North East ended all square, with Norwich Dragons II drawing 2-2 with leaders Ipswich and East Suffolk at The Den. Player-of-the-match Hannah Hardy and Maddy Reynolds were on target for the Dragons.
North Norfolk moved up to third place after an 11-0 drubbing of bottom side Framlingham while Norwich City II saw off Magpies III 2-1 with Danni Garwood getting both of their goals.
Harleston Magpies U-12 girls tasted success in the In2Hockey County tournament on Sunday while the U-10s were runners-up. Norwich City U-10s and Norwich Dragons U-12s won the boys' tournaments.