Norwich Dragons win seven-goal thriller in East League Premier Division
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Dragons won a thrilling match against St Albans II 4-3 at The Den to move seven points clear of the Premier Division's bottom two.
The Dragons started strongly and the first goal came after a fantastic piece of individual skill from Stacey Lee resulted in a short corner which was converted by Issy Wolfe.
St Albans equalised in similar fashion but Dragons were ahead again before the break after a fantastic period of interlinking play was finished off by Wolfe.
After being pegged back to 2-2 the hosts again produced a fine response and Emma Tabrett's drag- flick from a short corner found the back of the net with ease. Tabrett was in great form throughout and another set-piece was quickly was converted with similar precision.
While St Albans did manage to pull a goal back around five minutes from time, Dragons didn't falter and they picked up a well deserved three points.
You may also want to watch:
Tabrett shared the player-of the-match honours with the equally impressive Liv Thomas.
Dereham produced an excellent result in Division 1N, winning 2-0 at second placed Bedford II, but Norwich City in third place were unable to take full advantage.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
They drew for the sixth time in seven matches, with lowly hosts Watton sharing the spoils in a 2-2 result. Pui Foung Chung and Krystal Bishop scored the City goals.
Harleston Magpies II won for the 13th time in a row to go five points clear at the top with two games in hand. Their latest victims were Colchester, who crashed to a 8-2 home defeat.
Norwich Dragons II followed the example for their first team by winning 4-3 at Ipswich II in Division 2NE.
Dragons found themselves 2-1 down at the interval, with Jess Bennett scoring a great individual effort. The same player equalised in the second half before Ipswich went ahead again but the visitors went on to win, with Bennett completing her hat-trick and Kate McKenna slotting home their fourth.
Another tight game at Cromer saw North Norfolk and Norwich City II share the spoils in a 2-2 draw, with Danni Garwood and Rosie Humphrey scoring for the visitors, while Dereham II moved up to fourth by beating Colchester II 2-0.