Young Norwich defender poised for return to Denmark
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby. 'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman.
Young Canaries defender Dario Dumic is to return to his native Denmark, with Brondby.
'We can confirm Brondby have made an offer for Dario which has been accepted, but there is still paperwork on-going,' said a City spokesman. 'The deal has not yet been completed.'
The EDP understands that although Dumic, 17, will leave on a free transfer, City have negotiated a substantial sell-on clause for Dumic, with further payment due on appearances.
Brondby's talent chief, Kim Vilfort, has earmarked Dumic for a role with the club's under-19s and reserves team - and a possible replacement for youngster Nicolai Boilesen, who recently joined Ajax.
'He plays the same position as Boilesen and since we do not exactly abound in defensive players in the age group, he fits well in here,' said Kim Vilfort. 'He is a talented player who we've known for a long time.'
Dumic joined City's academy as a full-time scholar in the summer of 2008 and signed his first professional contract a year later.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 9 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 10 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
He made his first team debut as a substitute for Jon Otsemobor in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Swindon in November.