Young Canaries to face Port Vale or Sutton Coldfield in FA Youth Cup
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An away tie against Port Vale or non-league side Sutton Coldfield Town awaits in the third round of the FA Youth Cup for Norwich City Under-18s.
The Canaries have seen their youth team reach the quarter-finals in three of the last six seasons, including their famous 2013 victory, when Chelsea were beaten over two legs in the final.
The youngsters of League Two side Vale are due to host Sutton Coldfield in the second round next Tuesday, with the third round tie due to be played by Saturday, December 15.
The Valiants are based in Stoke-on-Trent and their Vale Park stadium has a capacity of over 19,000. Birmingham side Sutton play in the Northern Premier League, at step three of non-league, and their Coles Lane ground has a capacity of around 2,000.
Last season Norwich were left disappointed to lose 3-1 to Birmingham City in a Carrow Road quarter-final on a snowbound February night, to miss out on a semi-final clash with Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub