Young Canaries looking to get back on track during cup clash with Exeter
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Attempts to bring an end to a losing streak move to the south coast for Norwich City Under-23s this evening.
The young Canaries have lost their last five fixtures and take on the U23s of League Two side Exeter City in Devon tonight (7pm) in the Premier League Cup group stages.
One of those defeats was a 3-0 loss away to Leicester in their first Group D game of this season's PL Cup, with Nottingham Forest the other team in the group.
A 7-2 loss away to Stoke in PL2 Division Two followed before U23s coach Matt Gill departed to take up a first-team role on Paul Lambert's coaching staff at Ipswich, with U18s boss David Wright stepping up take interim charge.
Losing 4-0 to Fulham at Carrow Road followed in the aftermath of that change but a 2-1 loss at Middlesbrough on Sunday at least stopped the rot, with a Devonte Aransibia goal giving City's youngsters some hope.
The game is being played at Exeter's 9,000 capacity St James Park stadium.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze