Young Canaries looking to get back on track during cup clash with Exeter
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Attempts to bring an end to a losing streak move to the south coast for Norwich City Under-23s this evening.
The young Canaries have lost their last five fixtures and take on the U23s of League Two side Exeter City in Devon tonight (7pm) in the Premier League Cup group stages.
One of those defeats was a 3-0 loss away to Leicester in their first Group D game of this season's PL Cup, with Nottingham Forest the other team in the group.
A 7-2 loss away to Stoke in PL2 Division Two followed before U23s coach Matt Gill departed to take up a first-team role on Paul Lambert's coaching staff at Ipswich, with U18s boss David Wright stepping up take interim charge.
Losing 4-0 to Fulham at Carrow Road followed in the aftermath of that change but a 2-1 loss at Middlesbrough on Sunday at least stopped the rot, with a Devonte Aransibia goal giving City's youngsters some hope.
The game is being played at Exeter's 9,000 capacity St James Park stadium.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk