Young Canaries are pegged back after Wallis opener
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's Under-23s recorded a hard-fought 1-1 draw in their final Premier League Two fixture of 2017.
The young Canaries went ahead early in the second half through Owen Wallis in a game played at Crawley Town's Checkatrade Stadium but were pegged back 14 minutes later.
Matt Gill's side, who lacked any players with first team experience, went closest in a tight first half when Adam Idah had a one-on-one with the keeper but failed to mark his first start at this level with a goal.
City got their noses in front five minutes after the interval when defender Wallis headed home a Todd Cantwell corner to notch his first goal of the season.
Brighton soon got back on level terms however, with Steven Alzate latching on to Soufyan Ahannach's pass and finding the bottom corner with a composed finish.
You may also want to watch:
City starting line-up: Oxborough, Aarons, Lomas, Wallis, Kamal, Fonkeu, Phillips, Aransibia, Cantwell, Abrahams, Idah.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk