MATCHDAY RECAP: City move 10 points clear of third place with Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City moved 10 points clear of third place with a 2-0 victory over struggling Wycombe at Adams Park on Sunday lunchtime - and you can recap all the updates, analysis and reaction from our correspondents via our live matchday blog.
The Canaries made their position at the top of the Championship even more convincing with victory in Buckinghamshire courtesy of goals from Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah.
Wycombe were robust and obdurate in their approach, but City made their quality count by eventually carving out an opening goal after some fine work from Emi Buendia to find Pukki in the box. His effort deflected off Josh Knight and into the net.
Gareth Ainsworth felt his side should have had a penalty late on, and they pressed hard for an equaliser before Idah pounced towards the end to make the win more convincing.
Defeats for Swansea City and Watford on Saturday presented Daniel Farke's side with the chance to extend their lead over their promotion rivals with a victory, now they face a crunch promotion encounter against Brentford at Carrow Road on Wednesday.
- Recap the action via our matchday blog above
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 4 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 10 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family