'Another step towards the title' - City fans rejoice in Wycombe win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's position at the summit of the Championship was strengthened by a comfortable 2-0 victory over struggling Wycombe Wanderers.
Goals from Teemu Pukki and Adam Idah secured the victory for the Canaries, with Daniel Farke's side now sitting 10 points clear of third-placed Watford.
The result concludes a wonderful weekend for the Canaries as their push for an instant return to the Premier League continues. Wycombe may sit at the foot of the table but caused several problems for the table-toppers.
Gareth Ainsworth felt his side should have been awarded a penalty in the second half when Tim Krul seemed to foul substitute Nnamdi Ofoborh from a corner. City were forced to be patient, but did emerge as winners to move seven points clear of second-placed Brentford.
Norwich now prepare for the visit of the Bees at Carrow Road on Wednesday.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City fans above and below
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 4 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 10 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family