Heavy defeat at Wolves continues difficult season for City U23s
- Credit: Norwich City
It was another night to forget for Norwich City Under-23s, after slumping to a third heavy defeat on the bounce.
The young Canaries were beaten 4-0 at Wolves on Friday night in Premier League Two, falling behind in the seventh minute before Isak Thorvaldsson found the side-netting with a shot after a Tom Scully free-kick.
The hosts, sitting second in Division Two, moved 3-0 ahead before the break. Josh Coley was denied by a good save on the hour but Wolves completed their victory with 10 minutes remaining, with Jon McCracken making a good late save to prevent the scoreline getting worse.
David Wright's squad have just one win in 19 matches as a young squad continues to persevere in PL2. They return to action on Monday, February 25, when they travel to Nottingham Forest in the Premier League Cup (7pm), with the hosts already qualified for the knockout stages and City already out.
City U23s: McCracken; Kamal, Lomas, Statham, Barkarson; Milovanovic, Payne; Thorvaldsson, Scully, Coley (Ahadme 60); Idah. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Barnes, Mehmeti, McIntosh
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed