Wolves’ Sam Vokes and Liverpool’s Dani Pacheco join Norwich City on loan
Norwich City have signed strikers Sam Vokes of Wolves and Liverpool's Dani Pacheco on emergency loan deals until the end of the season.
Both will arrive at Carrow Road following their involvement with their countries during the international break, with Vokes on duty with Wales and Pacheco away with Spain's Under-21 side in France.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert told the club's official website: 'The two of them were desperate to come and play and that was very important to me,
'The two of them are keen to come here and I'm sure if they join us it will give the whole squad a lift.
'Sam Vokes had a terrific time at Bournemouth at the start of his career and he's a threat and a presence around the box. He's a hard-working player and he would add to the mix of options we have up front.
You may also want to watch:
'Dani Pacheco is a lad we've seen playing for Liverpool's first team this season and I've been talking to Kenny Dalglish about him for a few weeks now. He's technically very good as you'd expect having been with clubs like Barcelona and Liverpool and the fact he's away with Spain's Under-21s side at the moment speaks volumes for his ability and potential.'
Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Vokes, 21, joins the Canaries for his third outing on loan this season, having previously had spells at Championship rivals Bristol City and Sheffield United, scoring one goal in six appearances for the Blades.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
Liverpool striker Dani Pacheco, known as 'El Asesino' (The Assassin) in Spain, arrives boasting a terrific record at youth level both for his club and country.
Pacheco, 20, finished the Under-19 Championship's last summer as the tournaments top scorer, scoring four goals including one against City's Declan Rudd in a 3-1 victory over England in the semi-finals.
This is Pacheco's first loan spell away from Anfield since arriving from Barcelona in 2007, having made four appearances in all competitions for the Reds this season, three as a substitute.
Vokes will wear squad number 35, while Dani Pacheco will wear the number 37 shirt.