‘This Norwich team never know when they are beaten!’ – Canaries fans delighted with dramatic draw at Wolves
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Earning a 2-2 draw away at league leaders Wolves has thrilled Norwich City supporters this evening, thanks to a last-gasp Nelson Oliveira strike. Here's some of the best of the reaction from Canaries fans.
An entertaining first half saw Diogo Jota leave Christoph Zimmermann for dust and fire a low shot which came off the post and went in off Jamal Lewis.
Alfred N'Diaye met a Barry Douglas corner to double the lead for the hosts in the 25th minute but within Zimmermann had made amends within two minutes, heading home a James Maddison free-kick from the left – scoring his first City goal.
Mario Vrancic was twice let off the hook in the second half after losing possession, seeing Ivan Cavaleiro fire wide and a heroic Zimmermann block with his head when already on the floor.
Otherwise the visitors largely dictated play and striker Oliveira – without a goal in 11 games – came off the bench and thumped a shot from almost 30 yards which slipped through former Canaries keeper John Ruddy's gloves, following on from Timm Klose's late leveller against Ipswich on Sunday.
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages