Win tickets to see Norwich City v Stoke City
Norwich City entertain Stoke City in their first home match of the 2011 Barclays Premier League season on Sunday 21st August and you and a friend could be at Carrow Road to see all the action.
Barclays Spaces for Sports has teamed up with the Eastern Daily Press to give away a pair of tickets for the clash.
Barclays Spaces for Sports is an award-winning community sport scheme which has created 200 sports sites across the UK in partnership with the Football Foundation, benefiting more than half a million people in the UK. It is part of Barclays global community investment programme, which invested �55.3m across 37 countries in 2010.
Just like the Carrow Park site which received �600,000 from Barclays and the Football Foundation towards the installation of a brand new floodlit, artificial turf sports facility complete with disabled access. The new facilities, located next to Norwich's Carrow Road, ensure a range of activities, including football, rugby, tennis and netball can now be offered to the local community. Another example is the Norwich Flyers BMX team who as a result of Barclays Spaces for Sports funding now race on a state-of-the-art BMX track.
Barclays Spaces for Sports aims to revitalise disadvantaged communities and tackle key social issues. The recent appointment of 6 regional Activity and Sustainability Advisors will help to implement a new strategy designed to ensure that every one of the 200 sites enjoys extensive and proper usage, remains sustainable and provides a lasting legacy for the community.
To find out more visit www.barclays.co.uk/spacesforsports
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
How to enter:
For your chance to win, answer the following question -
How many sports sites has Barclays Spaces for Sports created?
Click the link at the top-right of this page to enter.
Terms and conditions:
The closing date for this competition is noon on Friday August 19, 2011. Standard Archant competition rules apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.