Norwich City transfer rumours: Wigan keen to sign Wildschut on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wigan are keen to re-sign Norwich City misfit Yanic Wildschut following their promotion to the Championship.
The Wigan Post report that the Latics are hoping to sign the Dutchman on loan for the season after seeing the winger's struggle to impress for the Canaries.
The 26-year-old was a deadline day signing of former City manager Alex Neil's back in January 2017 but has gone on to score just twice in 29 games, 13 of which were starts.
That followed an impressive spell with Wigan for Wildschut, scoring seven goals to help the Latics earn promotion from the third tier in 2015/16, earning a £4million move to Norwich which could have potentially risen to £7m.
The former Middlesbrough man scored once in 20 games under new head coach Daniel Farke last season – the winner in a 1-0 success at Sheffield United in September – but was then loaned to Championship rivals Cardiff.
You may also want to watch:
Ten appearances followed for Neil Warnock's promotion chasing team but just three were starts in a largely unsuccessful spell, with the Bluebirds not interested in taking Wildschut with them on their Premier League adventure.
Now it seems Wigan are keen to give the forward another chance at the DW Stadium, with the Post claiming the Latics would be willing to cover a 'sizeable chunk' of Wildschut's wages in a loan deal.
Whether Wigan fans are keen on a reunion remains to be seen, after the speedy wide man was forced to apologise for comments he made about the club when he left.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
The report also states the League One champions are hoping to also bring back Callum McManaman, who they sold to West Brom for £4.75m in 2015 but who has just been relegated from the Championship with Sunderland.