Who would you like to see Norwich City sign before deadline shuts?
- Credit: AP
Just over a day remains before the January transfer window closes and Norwich City fans are still to see any major incomings.
They do appear to be edging closer with Mitchell Dijks expected to complete a loan move from Ajax after initially rejecting a permanent £4m switch to Carrow Road.
It's no secret Norwich are on the lookout for a left-sided player following Martin Olsson's departure to Swansea City whilst Burnley remain in hot pursuit of Robbie Brady.
Sporting Lisbon's Marvin Zeegelaar reportedly rejected the chance to join Alex Neil's side despite a deal being agreed in the region of £3m. As the Dijks episode demonstrated, circumstances can quickly change although Hull City are the latest to be linked with Zeegelaar.
Wigan's Yanic Wildschut is also on City's radar but Wigan are reluctant to do business for the Dutchman.
But it is not just the left side of the squad that could do with strengthening. Youssouf Mulumbu may be back on his way from the African Nations Cup but Louis Thompson's Achilles injury has left City light in the middle of the park.
Jem Karacan has been training with the Canaries and played in the Under-23s' 4-0 defeat at Portsmouth last week. The Turkish-born midfielder could be a decent short term option for the Canaries but is short of match fitness.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
The heart of City's defence has also been cause for concern amongst supporters and Barnsley defender Angus MacDonald has been heavily touted with a move to Carrow Road. City have reportedly tabled a £2.5m bid for the 24-year-old centre half.
Who would you like to see coming to City before the window closes at 11pm on Tuesday night? Leave your comments below.