Vietnam is the place to be to discover City’s first confirmed fixture for next season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will have their first confirmed fixture of the 2018-19 season come Friday and it will be decided in Vietnam – with the first-round draw of next season's Carabao Cup.
The Carabao Cup first round draw takes place on Friday at a reassuringly civilised time of 10.45am in the UK, in the Vietnamese capital Ho Chi Minh City, with 70 clubs split into a north and south draw.
Norwich City will be ball number 22 and with seedings removed, could face any other side in the southern half – including their nearest and dearest, Ipswich Town.
As for the EFL, they will simply be hoping for a trouble-free draw after numerous problems littered them throughout last season.
MORE: Premier League Cardiff set to hand Norwich City £10-plus for winger Josh Murphy
The Canaries reached the fourth round last year beating Swindon, Charlton and Brentford before losing at eventual finalists Arsenal after extra-time at the Emirates Stadium.
The draw will decide the first available fixtures of the new season, with ties to take place the week commencing Monday, August 13.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 6 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 7 Artist dies just weeks after Covid cancellation of psychiatrist appointment
- 8 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
- 9 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 10 Delays ease on A47 near Dereham after four-vehicle crash
That is after the opening weekend of the EFL season, with those fixtures set to be released on Thursday, June 21 at 9am.
EFL clubs have voted to remove extra time from every round of next season's League Cup – apart from the final – while the recently trialled ABBA penalty shoot-out formula has also been scrapped.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…