What’s your Norwich City centre-back pairing for the game against Brentford?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It's a must-win game – that goes without saying – but who will Alex Neil entrust to keep a clean sheet when Norwich City face Brentford on Saturday?
They say teams defend from the front, but most eyes will be on the centre-back pairing the manager selects.
Clean sheets are as rare as hen's teeth for the Canaries – they have kept just two in the Championship this season, and they came way back in August in the first pair of home games, against Sheffield Wednesday and then Bristol City.
Timm Klose, the big money signing who is regarded as one of the squad's better player, played 15 out of the first 16 games of the season, but after the 3-2 home defeat by Leeds on November 5, found himself on the bench. Sebastien Bassong was recalled for the trip to QPR – having played only one Championship game – but the trend continued as City were beaten 2-1 at Loftus Road and then, last week, 1-0 at Derby.
So does Bassong stay in for the Brentford visit, or does Klose get another chance? Ryan Bennett is the other option at centre back, given that he has started the last five games – but is his role safe?
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 5 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 6 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 7 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 8 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 9 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 10 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs