What’s your Norwich City centre-back pairing for the game against Brentford?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It's a must-win game – that goes without saying – but who will Alex Neil entrust to keep a clean sheet when Norwich City face Brentford on Saturday?
They say teams defend from the front, but most eyes will be on the centre-back pairing the manager selects.
Clean sheets are as rare as hen's teeth for the Canaries – they have kept just two in the Championship this season, and they came way back in August in the first pair of home games, against Sheffield Wednesday and then Bristol City.
Timm Klose, the big money signing who is regarded as one of the squad's better player, played 15 out of the first 16 games of the season, but after the 3-2 home defeat by Leeds on November 5, found himself on the bench. Sebastien Bassong was recalled for the trip to QPR – having played only one Championship game – but the trend continued as City were beaten 2-1 at Loftus Road and then, last week, 1-0 at Derby.
So does Bassong stay in for the Brentford visit, or does Klose get another chance? Ryan Bennett is the other option at centre back, given that he has started the last five games – but is his role safe?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash