What do you think? Football survey compares the cost of attending Norwich City matches with other Premier League clubs
A study about the price of football has revealed the cost of watching Norwich City matches in comparison to the rest of British football.
An extensive study carried out by BBC Sport has discovered that the average cost of the cheapest adult ticket in the top four divisions of English football has risen by 11.7pc in the past 12 months - more than five times the rate of inflation - from �19.01 to �21.24.
The Price of Football survey 2012 places the Canaries in joint-13th position in its table for the cheapest matchday ticket in the Premier League, tied with Manchester United at �30.
The cheapest matchday ticket is �20 at three clubs, Fulham, Aston Villa and Wigan, while bottom of that table is Chelsea, with the west London club's cheapest ticket of �41 narrowly below Liverpool's �39.
With City having finished 12th in the Premier League table last year, many of the results in the survey see Carrow Road prices similarly sitting roughly in mid-table.
One surprising result is the price of a pie at Carrow Road, which is listed as �2.50.
Only Wigan sell a cheaper pie in the Premier League, at �2.30, but the surprising result is that only four teams in the second tier, the Championship, sell a pie cheaper than the Canaries and, even more surprisingly, 20 teams in the third tier, League One, charge more for a pie than City.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 7 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
The surprising expense of a matchday pie in English football aside however, there is nothing that will be too surprising for Norwich supporters.
The club offers the 11th most expensive season ticket, costing �790, well behind the most expensive at Arsenal's Emirates stadium at �1,955 but more than double the �310 most expensive season ticket at north-west minnows Wigan.
While the cheapest season ticket at Carrow Road is �471, which places City in 13th place in the Premier League, with Arsenal's cheapest season ticket being �985 and Wigan's again the cheapest, at �255.
- Do you think prices at Carrow Road are fair and competitive, or is it becoming too expensive to watch Norwich City matches? Leave your comments below.