Wes Hoolahan wins Norwich City’s player of the season award for 2016/17
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Canaries legend Wes Hoolahan has won the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy for the first time in his nine seasons at Norwich City, winning the public vote for the player of the season award.
Hoolahan passed the 300-appearance mark for City this season and also notched his 50th goal, ahead of his testimonial season in the 2017/18 campaign.
Jonny Howson was the runner-up, having won the award last season, after playing 39 matches in the current campaign and scoring six goals.
Ivo Pinto was in third place, with the Portuguese right-back having made 38 appearances and scored one goal this season.
Howson lifted the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy at the end of last season, ahead of runner-up Robbie Brady and Hoolahan in third place.
You may also want to watch:
Grant Holt is the only player to win the award three times and Kevin Keelan, Martin Peters, Kevin Drinkell and Iwan Roberts have also won the award in successive seasons. Ken Foggo, Bryan Gunn and Darren Huckerby are the only other players to win the award twice.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low