Player watch: Hoolahan proves he can still cause problems as magic moments lead Canaries to win against Leeds
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Rather than our usual player watch, this weekend it was Wes Hoolahan watch, so you can re-live the key moments of the Irish playmaker's final Norwich City game right here.
Hoolahan made his 352nd and final appearance for the Canaries during yesterday's 2-1 win over Leeds, scoring an equaliser before teeing up Josh Murphy for the winner.
Here are the key moments from the 35-year-old's emotional Carrow Road swansong...
8 – Exchanges a nice one-two with Harrison Reed on the right, Liam Cooper tackles Reed but City get the throw-in.
15 – Drop of the shoulder to get into space on the left but robbed by Samuel Saiz.
19 – Back-flick from Nelson Oliveira and Hoolahan threads Josh Murphy through on the left, winning a corner. Maddison takes, Hanley can't win and Wes wins a header on the edge of the box, to the crowd's enjoyment.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 3 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 4 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 5 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 8 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 9 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
25 – Beats Kalvin Phillips to a loose ball in the Leeds half and plays Murphy into the left channel, who can't win a corner.
36 – Turns away from Hernandez and plays Oliveira into the right channel, forcing Pontus Jansson to concede a corner.
45 – GOAL – Fine tackle from Mario Vrancic on halfway allows Murphy to feed the 'Irish Messi', whose shot from 25 yards deflects off Jansson, hits the left post, rolls agonisingly along the goal-line and bounces in off the right post – sparking wild celebrations as Hoolahan equalises.
56 – Lovely turn away from Cooper to get Oliveira on the attack, then a nice dink to get Murphy into the box.
60 – Classy turn away from Saiz in the right-back position to help Reed clear the danger.
65 – Vrancic picks him out on the right, simple ball plays Maddison into the box and the keeper saves well with his feet.
66 – A couple of nice touches and turns away from Hernandez draw olés from the crowd and begin his familiar chant. Quick corner and low cross sees Maddison again test the keeper with a low shot.
69 – ASSIST – In the thick of the build-up play before a simple pass to tee up Murphy to score from 10 yards.
85 – Unable to hold back the tears as his expected standing ovation arrives when he is replaced by Tom Trybull, receiving a memorable reception.
Verdict: Lost the ball a few times and wasn't always sharp in defence but that's Wes, his game is picking apart the opposition's back-line. Some fine touches and passes proved there is still a bit of magic in those dancing feet yet on a memorable afternoon, with the luck of the Irish contributing to a fully deserved goal at the Barclay end.
Rating: 10 out of 10 (for 10 seasons of superb service)