We’ve met before: Grant Holt stars as Norwich City conquer Preston on their way to another promotion
- Credit: Focus Images
Deepdale hasn't always been a happy hunting ground for Norwich City.
Results have been mixed, to say the least.
Neil Adams lost his job after City's last trip to Preston – a 2-0 FA Cup defeat back in January, 2015.
However, City's last league trip to Deepdale did end in success: they were 1-0 winners there in September, 2010 as City enjoyed their return to the Championship after the dark days of League One, eventually making it successive promotions under manager Paul Lambert.
Grant Holt was on target that day, ending a run of five league and cup games without a goal. Holt also hit the woodwork twice – with a header and a volley – before Korey Smith teed him up to shoot home from 12 yards in the 62nd minute.
It was a result which lifted the Canaries to fourth in the table, six points behind leaders Queens Park Rangers, while Preston, under Darren Ferguson, were 23rd – which won't have pleased the manager's father, Sir Alex Ferguson, who was watching from the stands.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 6 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 7 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
Overall record (all competitions)
Norwich 18 wins – 14 draws – Preston 16 wins