We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Aston Villa - now it’s time for you to vote for yours
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 2-0 Championship loss against Aston Villa? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Undoubted promise for long spells prior to the interval but the same sorry story on the road for Norwich City.
Alex Pritchard teed up Cameron Jerome for two chances that needed to be slotted before Jonathan Kodjia made no mistake from Jacob Murphy's turnover. His second late on was the instinctive finish on a man at the top of his game. There was few, if any, in the visiting ranks who could make the same claim.
Norwich looked composed and threatening with Graham Dorrans switching the play and Alex Tettey providing the ballast allowing Jonny Howson to be deployed higher up the field.
Michael McGovern was largely under-used, apart from one excellent parry to foil Scott Hogan. Yet Dorrans' half-time injury exit saw Norwich cede the same measure of control they had established prior to the interval.
Steven Whittaker managed to eventually get to grips with Albert Adomah. Ivo Pinto was an increasing threat in the final third before his second yellow card and Yanic Wildschut provided some late impetus when he was introduced.
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, went for Pritchard who is rapidly emerging as one of the genuine causes for optimism in a season which is limping to a mid-table finale.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site
You can cast your vote in the attached poll, which will run throughout the week.