We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Barnsley - now it’s time for you to vote for yours
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 2-0 Championship win against Barnsley? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Another strange Championship outing for Norwich City. Barnsley were very good in open play but lacked the ruthless instinct to punish the Canaries. The end result was a first win in seven, a first home clean sheet since January 28 and even more remarkably a revival of faint play-off hopes, with City cashing in on stumbles from their nearest rivals.
Michael McGovern had to make a fine reaction stop straight after half-time to deny Adam Hammill which interim boss Alan Irvine labelled the key moment in the contest. Norwich were 1-0 up at that stage thanks to Jacob Murphy's 10th goal of his breakthrough season. Murphy was heavily involved in the match-clinching goal as well, when his initial strike was parried by Reds' keeper Adam Davies against the luckless Angus MacDonald.
Alex Tettey turned in his best performance for a number of weeks, to try and cut the supply lines, and Alex Pritchard survived the whole 90 minutes after the furore over his early Blackburn exit the previous week. Pritchard was at the hub of City's sporadic attacking thrusts with his progressive passing and vision carving out the best openings.
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, felt Tettey's industry and endeavour underpinned a hard-fought win secured by Jacob Murphy's decisiveness, to just edge the youngster out of top billing.
You may also want to watch:
You can cast your vote in the attached poll, which will run throughout the week.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash