We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Brentford - now it’s time for you to vote for yours.
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 0-0 Championship draw against Brentford? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Another case of what might have been with Norwich's own inability to convert their dominance tinged with Robbie Brady's harsh late red card combining to see Alex Neil's squad end 2016 on an entirely fitting but frustrating note.
Brady was a prime candidate for the top honours before he was dismissed in the closing stages with a vibrant, driving display and plenty of quality served up - mainly in the direction of Cameron Jerome.
The City frontman had a wretched time in the final third, miscuing, mis-timing and missing a series of excellent openings. Neil opted for a back three and recalls for Timm Klose and Russell Martin. There were moments of alarm - notably Ryan Bennett's superb perfectly-timed last-ditch tackle to foil Scott Hogan - but you can not argue with a first clean sheet in the league since March and only a second draw in the Championship since October 18.
Youssouf Mulumbu was another pressed into emergency service with Graham Dorrans, Louis Thompson and Jonny Howson unavailable. Mulumbu will now depart for the African Cup of Nations and his combative presence will be sorely missed alongside Alex Tettey. The duo pressed and harried and built a platform for City's creative players to probe for opportunties.
You may also want to watch:
Our Norwich City correspondent Paddy Davitt went for Mulumbu but this was a far more cohesive, collective performancce that simply has to be the norm from here to salvage anything from a season of woe.
The result as of 10:30pm on Sunday will be published in Monday's Pink Un alongside Paddy's choice.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
The poll will then continue to run online throughout the week.