We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Southampton - now it’s time for you to vote for yours.
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 2-2 FA Cup third round draw against the Saints? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Alex Neil's side looked to be slipping tamely out of the FA Cup again at the first hurdle until Steven Naismith sealed a south-coast replay with a stoppage time header.
Neil praised his compatriot's contribution and it was telling Nasimith was one of those retained from the previous week's Championship romp against Derby. Steven Whittaker was keen to grab a rare chance with a coolly taken penalty and the assist for Naismith to head a second equaliser. Whittaker also had to deal with the threat of Ryan Bertrand, who became an influential outlet for the Saints in a second-half largely controlled by Claude Puel's men. Michael McGovern had to make a series of key stops with Russell Martin named the sponsors' man-of-the-match.
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, went for Whittaker, who was heavily invovled in the key moments of a tie which now moves on to Southampton for its conclusion.
The result as of 10:30pm on Sunday will be published in Monday's Pink Un alongside Paddy's choice.
You may also want to watch:
The poll will then continue to run online throughout the week.
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues