We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Brentford - now it’s time for you to vote for yours.
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 5-0 Championship win against Brentford? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
After some pretty dark days in recent times this was an afternoon to savour for Norwich City. A first clean sheet since August 16 and five goals at the other end. That was the script Alex Neil would have written prior to kick-off.
Jonny Howson returned after ankle surgery and reminded everyone what Norwich had missed. Calm in possession and with that drive and energy from central midfield but the captain was not alone.
Alex Pritchard sparkled in the number 10 role against the club he spent a season on loan. The 23-year-old's reverse ball for Robbie Brady to slot the third was class and he deserved to complete the rout with a close range sliding finish.
Brady himself was excellent in an attacking left-back role with the dipping cross diverted by Brentford defender John Egan starting the rout. Nelson Oliveira notched his first Championship goal for the Canaries and Steven Naismith was efficient and effective operating in those advanced areas.
You may also want to watch:
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, went for Pritchard, who lived up to the billing in his big audition to provide a viable alternative to the watching Wes Hoolahan.
The result as of 10:30pm on Sunday will be published in Monday's Pink Un alongside Paddy's choice.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
The poll will then continue to run online throughout the week.