We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Barnsley - now it’s time for you to vote for yours
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 2-1 Championship defeat at Barnsley? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Alex Neil called it 'one step forward, two back' but this latest self-inflicted Championship wound was much harder to take than some of the recent losses, given City's contribution to their own downfall.
Norwich simply failed to turn up in the first-half at Oakwell as an effective fighting force, after Neil's faith in those who hammered Brentford proved misplaced. City's starting midfield were over-run, the defence exposed and John Ruddy beaten twice. The introductions of both Youssouf Mulumbu and Martin Olsson bolstered the Canaries' second-half response but it was Nelson Oliveira who sparked, what for long spells after the interval, threatened to be a comeback.
Oliveira lashed home a long range strike for his second league goal in consecutive games but his impressive display leading the line, harrassing defenders and willingess to chase seemingly lost causes was a stand-out feature.
Mulumbu and Olsson both offered bite and drive, Robbie Brady and Jonny Howson were freed to probe further forward and Graham Dorrans was able to get on the ball after being bypassed in the first-half.
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, went for Oliveira who again underlined he could be an asset in a squad functioning to its maximum.
The result as of 10:30pm on Sunday will be published in Monday's Pink Un alongside Paddy's choice.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 7 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
The poll will then continue to run online throughout the week.