We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Preston North End - now it’s time for you to vote for yours
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 3-1 Championship win at Preston? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
First away league win in more than two months. First sight of James Maddison in the Championship for Norwich City. First goal into the bargain for the 20-year-old. Yes, this was one of the more productive excursions beyond Norfolk for the Canaries this season.
City sitll looked vulnerable immediately after Tommy Spurr had cut the deficit. Graham Dorrans and Josh Murphy had pounced prior to the interval. But either side of that Preston flurry Alan Irvine's collective looked composed and controlled and should have added many more against a Preston side with one of the best home records in recent months.
Steven Naismith was heavily involved in the opening goal but made a priceless block to deny Preston an equaliser. Alex Pritchard triggered the moves for both of City's first half strikes but should have notched himself when he burst free only to clip the legs of Chris Maxwell. Murphy deserved his goal after an energetic, high tempo display. His pace and thrust were invaluable assets on the counter. Then there was Maddison. Introduced for the final minutes he showed plenty of composure to seal the win. Hopefully the first of many in a City shirt.
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, however went for Murphy, who was given a start and responded with the performance of a man who wants to be front of house more often.
Cast your vote in the poll, which will then continue to run online throughout the week.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant