We’ve chosen our Norwich City Man of the Match against Fulham - now it’s time for you to vote for yours
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Which Norwich City player performed the best in the 3-1 Championship defeat against Fulham? Let us know by casting your vote in the poll on this page.
Carrow Road has witnessed two home games that illustrate the best and worst traits of a Norwich City squad in need of a major overhaul.
Reading were crushed under a barrage of clinical, attacking football and creative endeavour. Fulham were gifted the points with fresh defensive charity made all the harder to take given the cards were stacked firmly in the hosts' favour when Chris Martin was red carded against his old club with a full 45 minutes, plus lengthy stoppages, still to play.
The manner Timm Klose turned over the ball for the opening Fulham goal, the manner Ryan Bennett was again culpable in a worrying trend which encompasses Aston Villa and Huddersfield in recent times, the total abdication of defensive responsiblity from any number of players in the build up and finish for Floyd Ayite's match-clinching goal were all weaknesses seen too often - albeit largely on the road.
Few plusses in green and yellow, but Alex Pritchard added another assist to his collection and Cameron Jerome's 16th goal of the campaign maintained his strong finish on a personal level to a season that is now going to tail off.
You may also want to watch:
Our Norwich City correspondent, Paddy Davitt, however, opted for Alex Tettey on the occasion of his 150th appearance for the Canaries. Okay, it was a nod to the past in many respects. Tettey is rarely a stand out performer, such is his role in this squad, but in a defeat where too many of his team mates were well short, Tettey's brand of industry could not be questioned. Fulham were simply too good as a midfield unit for the Norwegian and his pals.
You can cast your vote in the attached poll, which will run throughout the week.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told